What about pet insurance?
Veterinary medicine is constantly evolving, growing and advancing. This is amazing for our pets as these advancements have allowed us to keep them in our lives longer than ever before! We all love our pets and consider them as family at Franklin Animal Clinic and we understand that the cost of veterinary bills can become daunting.
Pet health insurance helps to remove some of the burden of veterinary bills. It can help provide a sense of security knowing that your pet is covered if an accident or unexpected illness occurs. Who plans that sort of stuff anyways!
There are many options when it comes to choosing a pet insurance company for your kiddo. We can’t make a specific recommendation for you as everyone’s needs are different. To help you determine if insurance is right for you and your pet, we have compiled a list of questions to ask and topics to consider when researching different companies.
- How is the insurance paid out? Is it per incident or a yearly deductible?
- Is there a cap on prices or a yearly cap on pay out?
- Does the insurance cover elective procedures such as spay/neuter and dental prophys.
- Is wellness care included?
- Are prescription diets included?
- Are “alternative treatments” included such as therapeutic laser, acupuncture, chiropractic care, and stem cell therapy?
- Are hereditary/breed related problems covered?
- Does age of enrollment of pet make a difference?
- Are bilateral conditions covered? I.e luxating patellas
- Is there a difference on coverage for accident vs. injury vs. major medical?
- Ask about plan renewal, is it a per year or per incident renewal?
- Are there any exclusions such as reproductive emergencies or dental cleanings?
Pet insurance can be extremely beneficial for many pets and their people. Please feel free to pass this information along and use this list when contacting pet insurance companies. We would love to hear about the company you choose and what you love about them too!
~Your friends at Franklin Animal Clinic
You Might Also Like...
Categories / Blogs